Delhi, the national capital has a number of places to be explored and one of the best ways to explore the places is by HOHO bus organised by Delhi Tourism department. HOHO bus takes you around the city and gives you the opportunity to visit the best of Delhi. One can book one day or two days Delhi sightseeing tour online through their website http://hohodelhi.com . They take you to about 20 places in their two days tour, one can choose to visit 7-8 places in 1 day, so if you book a 2 days tour you can explore about 15-16 places in a day, but I would suggest chose best of the places and take your time to visit them.
HOHO buses run in every forty minutes, that mean if you have got down at a particular place, you can take another HOHO from the same place after forty minutes, so you have 40 minutes to explore that place. Bu there are certain places which cannot be explored in 40 minutes, like National museum, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb and Red Fort. Hence it is advisable to choose best of the places and give time to them. Like I booked a two days tour, visited 5 places in day 1 and another 5 places in day two.
Also standing at the ticket counter for entry in the monuments will consume a lot of your time. At the time we visited we were not aware that ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) has made provisions of online tickets booking for the monuments protected by them. I spent a lot of time standing at the queue in ticket counter at Humayun’s Tomb . It was at Red Fort when I saw such huge rush and decided to go back, my eyes felt on a billboard which stated that there is online ticket booking provision at http://asimustsee.nic.in/ . I booked my ticket instantly and was able to visit the monument.
The bus starts from HOHO Centre, Baba Kharak Singh Marg . The nearest Metro station is Shivaji Stadium in Airport Metro line or Rajiv Chowk or Patel Chowk Metro stations. The earliest bus starts at 8:30 am from the HOHO centre and after that there are buses in every 40 minutes interval. Last bus leaves at 2:50 pm. Every bus takes the same route. It is advisable to start early to explore the maximum of the city. The entire tour is guided and they give you very good information about the places in Delhi .The destinations which HOHO bus covers are:
• Rashtrapati Bhawan Gate no-38,30 and 37(Prior permission and entry tickets required)
• Gurudwara Bangla Saheb (Free entry)
• National Philatic and Metro Museum (Same stoppage, entry fee for metro museum and free entry to National Philatic Museum)
• India Gate and National Gallery of Modern Art(NGMA) ( Same stoppage free entry for India gate and entry tickets required for NGMA)
• Rajpath (Only drive pass)
• National Museum (entry tickets required)
• Rashtrapati Bhawan –Vijay Chowk (free entry)
• Nehru Museum and Planetarium (free entry for museum, entry ticket required for planetarium)
• Embassy lane (only drive pass)
• Rail Museum (entry ticket required)
• Sarojini Nagar Market (free entry)
• Dilli Hatt (free entry for HOHO Passenger)
• Qutub Minar (entry ticket required)
• Humayun’s Tomb (entry ticket required)
• Purana Qila/Delhi Zoo (entry ticket required)
• Science Museum (entry ticket required)
• Red Fort (entry ticket required)
• Raj Ghat (free entry)
** the information is at the time I travelled that is August 2017, please check the website http://hohodelhi.com for current status.
For the current rate and booking you can check the website http://hohodelhi.com. It is not possible to cover all the monuments of the city in a short span of two days, but you can cover the most important places through HOHO. I would recommend World Heritage Sites in Delhi- Humayun’s Tomb, Red Fort and Qutub Minar. National Museum and Gallery of Modern Art are also very informative places. Shopping lover should not miss Sarojini Nagar Market and Dilli Hatt. Rest of the places you can chose as per your capacity and choice of travel. So Hop On and Hop Off and explore the beautiful places in Delhi.